Friday, July 18, 2014

MAC Lipstick Dupe!

Hello Blogger-sphere!


So today is a very exciting day, well to me at least. :)

I recently picked up the color Syrup from Mac Cosmetics ($16)because I some things to 'back to mac' so I got to pick out a free lipstick! I chose Syrup because it was the perfect mauve color with a hint of purple that I thought suited me very well. 

Well, a few days later I was at Target looking around the makeup aisle when I stumbled upon a L'oreal Colour Riche lipstick in the color Saucy Mauve ($7) and i loved the color. 

When i got home that day of course I tried on the new lipstick I had just gotten and and as soon as I put it on I knew it was a dupe for Syrup. Have a look for yourself. 





Mac Syurp on top - L'oreal Saucy Mauve on bottom


Mac Syrup is lustre finish which is a glossy sheer lipstick while the L'oreal lipstick is a semi matte finish. The Mac one is noticeably more glossy but the two colors on the lips are almost identical. 

I've worn both of these shades throughout the whole day and Syrup lasted about 3 hours on me without needing to touch up. I was more impressed with Saucy Mauve, I put in on at 8:30am and didnt need to touch up until 3! Both formulas are very moisturizing and creamy. 

MAC Syrup-lustre finish (glossy)



L'Oreal Saucy Mauve-semi matte finish


MAC Syurp on top lip
L'Oreal Saucy Mauve on bottom lip





If your looking to save a few extra bucks and a high end name brand isnt important to you, then I suggest picking up the L'Oreal lipstick. It lasted a lot longer on the lips and doesn't have such a shiny finish. Overall, Id give in a thumbs up! 


XOXO
-H

No comments:

Post a Comment