Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Summer Foundation Routine!

Hello Blogger-sphere!


Its that time of the year again, Summertime! Outdoor activities, going to the beach, swimming, and of course being a sweaty mess. I always have to change up my foundation routine when the weather changes because my skin changes as well. I usually have normal skin with a few dry patches and with a few oily patches mainly in the T-zone in the summertime. 

I love to rock a bare face in the summertime because frankly I hate having to worry about if my foundation is melting off my face. But for a night out or if you want to look more put together, this is my full foundation routine! 

1) I ALWAYS start out with a moisturizer. If you do nothing else in this routine, at least moisturize! I love the St Ives Timeless Skin moisturizer for many reasons. I might have to do a whole separate post about it. 


2) Next I apply a primer. I love the Benefit Porefessional because it fills in my pores and keeps my foundation lasting all day. I only put this on my cheeks and my nose. 


3) Now comes the star of the show, the foundation. Im obsessed with the L'oreal True Match foundation, Im in the shade W2 Light Ivory. It had a light to medium coverage with a natural finish. It is great in the summertime because it is light weight but still had the coverage of a heavy foundation. Also, it has a natural finish that isn't too matte or too dewy. If you haven't tried this out you need to. They offer a wide shade range and can be found for a few dollars at any drugstore! 



4) After foundation I like to apply my concealer. The one I love is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in the shade fair. It is very lightweight under the eyes but still has great coverage. Also when set with Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder it doesn't crease! 


5) After that I add my blush and bronzer, today for blush i used MAC Tenderling and Benefit Hoola Bronzer. Both products I love for the summertime. 





Before
After




And that completes my Summertime foundation routine! All of the products I used give a nice natural finish to the skin without overdoing it. It is important in the summertime to wear makeup that is going to last all day through the heat and still stay looking flawless! 

XOXO,
-H 











No comments:

Post a Comment