Friday, May 23, 2014

Eye Look of the Day using MAC Shadows!


Hello Blogger-sphere!


I just picked up an amazing shadow from the new MAC alluring aquatics collection and I was so excited to play around with it. So here is a look at how I used MAC Sea Worship eye shadow! 

I applied a primer (which is SO important for making sure your shadow doesn't crease) I used MAC Painterly Paint Pot which is a skin tone cream shadow.


1) I applied MAC Wedge (#1) eye shadow into the crease with a fluffy brush. This color is a soft brown and acts as a transition color and will make it easier to blend out other darker colors.

2) I put the star of the whole look MAC Sea Worship (see previous post for pictures) all over the lid with a flat shader brush. To make the shadow more intense try spritzing the brush with a little water. This will give the shadow a foiled effect.

3) Next I took MAC Sketch (#3) with a small crease brush and blended that into the crease of my eye, pulling slightly outward to create a cat eye effect. This color is a dark plum color that pairs pairs perfectly with the olive shadow in the lid.

4) To highlight the brow bone and to blend out the crease color I used MAC Brule (#4) which is nice matte cream color. I personally like matte highlights on the brow bone but you can use shimmer if you prefer.

5) And lastly, for a little pop of shimmer in the inner corner i took a small detail brush and put MAC Shroom (#5) in that area. This shade is an intensely shimmery white color that looks amazing in the inner corner to open up the eye.

6) I added my liquid liner (NYX Liquid Black Liner) to the upper lash line and a cream liner (Stila Waterproof Liner in Damsel) to the lower lash line. I finished the look with Buxom mascara on the upper and lower lashes.




Here is a look at all the other products I used to complete my look:




MAC Studio Fix powder in NC20, MAC blush in Tenderling, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Fair, Benefit Hoola Bronzer, NYX Liquid Black Liner, Stila Waterproof Liner in Damsel, Buxom mascara, Tarte eyelash curler







XOXO
-H




No comments:

Post a Comment